Thursday, March 20, 2014

Two or more = God’s powerful presence





“I tell you the truth, whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven. “I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.” 
(Matthew 18:18-20)


“Our earnestness to pray to God for what we want in our lives must transfer over and translate into an earnestness; a great overwhelmingly desire, for what others are praying to God for. This will show them how much they are appreciated and loved.” —F. Lugo 

“Let us not fall into the pit of lifting a ‘casual prayer’ to heaven on the behalf of others, when such prayers will not even penetrate through the ceiling, and think we have done them a great service. Such prayers aren’t aromatic to the Lord but surely are putrid and rancid and He will have nothing to do with them!” —F. Lugo 



What is it to come into prayer and believe our glorious Father and God will hear and make it so? For many not much. What is it for two or more to come together and pray in belief that what they have come into agreement on earth for shall be done in heaven? For some, it is too much! What can be done? With that said, I now invite you into my HEART...


Beloved, I must confess. I am not one for praying with others much of the time. I am so used to intimacy with the Lord on a one-on-one basis, I fall into that pit of solitude. However, I certainly need a remedy to this. I desire if in the least, to have that wonderful intimacy in a prayer life with that “right woman” the Lord Himself has seen fit to appoint to be in my life as my wife, that I will share my life with her and she will share hers with mine.

Why do we fall short in this coupling prayer or where three may be present? I believe it to be just as I wrote above. We become accustomed to having our way. We, individually in our prayer life always lead out, but who will lead when two or more are involved? 

We are so fond of receiving all of God’s attention, what will happen when others are now involved?

We are sensitive to our own voices and the sound of it and our words and the seriousness of it or lack thereof. What will others think if they heard me pray?

We are not aware of time when we pray to God because we have the floor and the ‘mic.’ What will it be like to share the spotlight as it were, with others and will we even get our chance to pray?


Such things can deflate a person’s desire to pray with others. I know they do with me many times.


Here’s another one: I know God takes me seriously every time I pray to Him, especially when I find myself in tears over it. Will others mock my sincerity, my tears, my confession and transparency? 

Beloved, I greatly rejoice in being a man of confession and I greatly rejoice in observing and being a witness to the perspectives of others— I am that silent watcher. But I’m saddened by the lack of intimacy I have with other believers in this manner. I resolve to not only pray for more opportunities to be in a ‘two or more’ setting for prayer, but first I shall ask of the Lord with thanksgiving to heal, mend and strengthen those areas that will keep me from such wonderful moments that should forever remain a treasure in my heart. 

What better place to begin than here and now. If you are like me and find yourself held back from such intimate and powerful prayer with other believers then by all means join me now.

Therefore, let us pray:

Father God, I thank you for always shining your light into every situation that is hidden, in darkness and must be exposed, that I and all others who look to you can fully rejoice in who you are and how amazingly you created us to be. I ask you now my God to create in me a spirit that desires to be in ‘two or more’ settings for prayer, and to also heal, mend and strengthen those areas that will keep us from such wonderful moments that should forever remain a treasure in our hearts. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment