Sunday, June 30, 2013

It’s Just One Day



Beloved, I have been told and I have heard this said many times “it’s just one day” concerning my attendance at my church Potential Church and how I should not go, in order to partake in some other extracurricular activity.

Missing service to me and the message that Troy Gramling or any other pastor may deliver is something I rarely do. The very message may well be the answer to a prayer I was waiting for, or the encouragement I needed, a challenge and opportunity to know the heart of God more or even a tool to utilize to help share my faith with someone else. It is limitless what someone can experience at a bible based church and the message that is being shared with others on that day.

Today the Holy Spirit turned the phrases among around and said, “What if just for one day you didn’t do the harmful things you normally do?”

Here’s a list of things He showed me:

1. Choose this time around to attend church service.
2. Choose not to take another drink.
3. Choose not to raise your hand at that person.
4. Choose not to hangout with that crowd.
5. Choose to be honest with them.
6. Choose to not smoke _________ (you fill in that blank).
7. Choose not to look at that website, channel or movie or enter that place.
8. Choose to eat healthy.
9. Choose to get some rest.
10. Choose not to think so much and trust more.
11. Choose to take that next step.
12. Choose to ask for forgiveness finally.
13. Choose to get the help you desperately need.
14. Choose to open that bible that has sat on your shelf collecting dust.
15. Choose not to be afraid.
16. Choose to pray for real and not for pretend.
17. Choose to love and not hate.
18. Choose to walk away from that harmful and uncommitted relationship. 
19. Choose to encourage someone today and not to be all about yourself.
20. Choose not to use curse words to express yourself.
21. Choose to listen more and talk less.
22. Choose to hug them back or accept a hug from them.
23. Choose to finally visit them... It’s been way too long.
24. Choose not to get even.
25. Choose to be generous with your time, talents and treasure.
26. Choose Me!

If we would all choose not to do the harmful things we all do even for one day, what would this world be like and what amazing things could start to take place in our lives? So, as I am encouraged and challenged by some of these, I encourage you also, CHOOSE not to do that harmful thing... “It’s just one day.”

As always... YOU ARE LOVED.


No comments:

Post a Comment