Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Book Report (Chapter 10): Every Day A Friday

Chapter 10

How should I open up this chapter of My Book Report? Oh, I know! I'll ask God to bless you and allow you to see those very words of blessing.

Father and God, thank you for all the millions of readers that will take in these words. I thank you Lord for their lives. I thank you my God that they were born. I thank you for what you will do in their lives.  Thank you for their eyes, their ears, their hearts, their minds, their hands and their feet. I thank you for all of this as I ask you to bless all of them. May these words not escape their eyes, and may they not allow these words to escape the eyes of their families, friends, and co-workers. Thank you my God for hearing my words and moving in me to bless them, in Jesus name. Amen

That's a blessed opening, and now I want to share with all your precious hearts what I learned from chapter ten of Joel Osteen's "Every Day A Friday." Chapter ten is titled "You Can Have the Last Laugh." The title is intriguing. Isn't it?! Right off the back, the title makes me think of not so nice things. People getting revenge on others. Witnessing people scheming and plotting to repay back people evil for the evil they have done to them. Even a saying I have heard a few times. "You want to get back at someone, become rich." I don't think money may be an answer of retaliation as it may very well cause others to hate you, and envy you even more. That may seem well and good with others, but not with me. I'm not here to rub anything in any one's face, but I am here to show that a life lived to honor God, will result in God honoring you despite those who look to bring you down, and according to God's Word, God will make it that your critics (those who want you to fail) will see how blessed YOU ARE. Amen.

In reading chapter ten Joel took me on a journey throughout the Bible. I went to the books of Deuteronomy, Romans, 1 Samuel, Psalm, Proverbs, and Genesis. It was amazing. A thrill ride that doesn't leave you dizzy but with the treasury of your heart overflowing and spilling over. Amen. Joel goes on to advise us that although in life we may very well encounter dealings with critics, naysayers, backbiters, backstabbers, those who are jealous and who say we'll never make it, we who believe and receive God through Christ Jesus can be assured that God will give those individuals a clear view of our table of blessing. Joel goes on to say, that God will make sure those individuals will see us promoted, honored, and accomplished. 

The above words are summed up from these Two Verses, and they are evident blessings that are direct results of someone who trusts, believes and lives out these Two Verses

As I read chapter ten, it had me reflecting on one key moment in my walk with the Lord. Very early in my walk, the Lord asked me to leave a position I had great comfort and influence in. Three years exactly at a particular company, and in the last year of those three years, things really started to go well for me. I had peace with my bosses, my co-workers and I truly enjoyed my work. 

Although leaving seemed absolutely crazy as I received good pay, had great benefits and seniority, the Lord said this to me repeatedly, "If you don't leave, you'll miss out on the blessing I have for you." Even others in the Lord and those close to me said I was wrong to leave and that wasn't what God said to me. 

Sometimes, it could take years for someone to come up to you and congratulate you, but the Word of God says, "..let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up." (Galatians 6:9 NLT). 

My takeaway: 

For me in my life and the clear and concise way the Lord has spoken to me translates into this: Although it'll probably be some time before others can see the good work God is doing in my life, it may very well be the Lord building me up, and as I grow in the Lord, in due time what He first said to me will finally be made known to everyone else. Amen.

God is a promise keeper. It may not happen the way we want or expect, but be assured and at peace that it WILL happen. Amen.

As always...YOU ARE LOVED.


No comments:

Post a Comment