Monday, March 12, 2012

Emergency Post: Becoming A Son of Perdition

Perdition


Perdition: Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. (Matthew 7:13)


Salvation: But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. (Matthew 7:14)


Good morning beloved. I trust that God is on the throne and the good work He has started in you He will finish. Amen.

This morning as I got up from my rest, these words were being spoken into my heart, 'Write about Son of Perdition.' I started to reflect on the most absolute truth in God's Word concerning Son of Perdition. If you do not know about Judas Iscariot (click HERE.) Judas Iscariot was one of the original 12 disciples chosen by Jesus to follow Him. Judas was also the very man who betrayed Jesus. The reason I'm lead to write this is due to a hurting Heart for those who stray away from God, and willfully choose to abandon their faith based on selfish ambitions and desires. Sadly, I too have known what it is to walk away from the Lord in my thoughts, actions and words. But thanks be to God! that the good work He has started in me He will finish. Amen!

As you read in the Gospels more and more you will see that following Jesus in the beginning is a tough thing for you, for me, for all of us. We will adore Jesus- His Word, His presence, His direction, His insight, but there will come a time that we will abandon Him when things get tough. It's common. Sad but common. You may not run too far away, but your thoughts, actions and words will not be cemented in Him but rather in your selfish desires. I believe that's why the Word of God in (Romans 12:2 see HERE) is so important to exercise in our daily lives to remain not being selfish but selfless in all our endeavors; that being in our thoughts, actions and words. Amen.

The Son of Perdition translated is quite scary being "Character of destruction," Thus Judas is called a son of perdition because he had the character of a destroyer. He was a traitor and a murderer. And this shows that He who knew the heart regarded his character as that of a wicked man one whose appropriate name was that of a son of perdition. Judas' character was one of moral and ethical decay to which he was easily influenced by Satan to do what would be deemed the world's greatest act of hate- to cause the event that would arrest the Savior of the world and have Him delivered to death by crucifixion. Why is this the greatest act of hate; the greatest incident of selfishness? Because by Judas' actions he was showing that not only He wanted to kill the Man who he loved, but the Man in whom came to save the world from our Sin. Just imagine yourself in a dire life saving situation and the one person that could save you from utter destruction heading your way, someone decided to slow him down, to stop him from getting to you. How would you feel? This is the exact thing Judas Iscariot attempted to do, but glory to God! Judas failed miserably, as the Lord Jesus resurrected on the third day and He lives! Amen!

(See HERE.) I leave you with these words. As I have reminded you of how easily we can stray away from the Lord Jesus, let your hearts be filled with great joy to know that you are empowered not to remain away but to seek to return to the Lord and His Word that the work He has started in you He will finish. And as I remind you, remember what Jesus spoke into you when you first came to Him. What promises are spoken to you concerning your faith in Him and His name. Jesus is the Son of God, that is the eternal character of Salvation (see HERE.) Amen. 

As Easter is fast approaching, let us have a renewed spirit, a joy filled heart, and remain looking onto our Salvation that is the very name of Jesus. Amen!

For all of you who have not received Jesus as Savior and Lord, know He is available now. You have that wonderful opportunity now. Don't wait. Ask Jesus to come into your heart and save you from becoming a Son of Perdition. The Word of God describes quite amazingly in Christ Jesus who we become, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" (2 Corinthians 5:17).


Let us pray: A prayer of Salvation (Make it personal. Make it count)

Jesus, please forgive me for doing things my way. Help me to do things Your way. My soul is in need of saving, and I don't want to be a Son of Perdition. Save me, cleanse me, and make me new. I choose You as my Savior and Lord. 


Beloved, as always...YOU ARE LOVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment