Monday, January 30, 2012

What to write



Wondering what to talk about today...(the three dots in this moment means thinking LOL). What's the remedy if you don't have anything to write about, and thinking about it doesn't help either? You write about your thoughts that came to mind when you woke up (at least in my case). 

This morning when I woke up all I could think about was how tired I was and how I didn't want to get out of bed. My mind, which is located in my head was still on the pillow so being able to think was out of the question. I wanted to pray but once again head on pillow, and everything else simply had the sign up that says "Do not disturb." So, I did the only sane thing and that was get into God's Word. I started by reading my devotional but no devotional was posted for Monday (odd!). Then I went to my trusty Bible app and started to read from the reading plan I choose "Changed: Next Steps for a changed Life," from there I went back to my devotional and read some recommended verses in which was in Matthew 25, and whoa! something was beginning to happen. I was no longer tired, no longer thinking about sleeping, and my head and body were responding finally!

From that point I started to think of the speaking engagement that I have on Friday at my aunts church "Iglesia Centro de Avivamiento." Don't ask me how to translate that into English. This speaking engagement was something long overdue as I was fearful of what to speak about and of facing the audience I was to speak to. What changed my mind? Something my Pastor; Pastor Troy Gramling of Potential Church (shameless plug) said to the congregation last Saturday that inspired me to reach out to my aunt and tell her I would go and speak at her church. He said stop 'procrastinating and just do it!' 

So as the Word of God teaches us, when we are weak He is strong (2 Corinthians 12:9), and again we were not given a spirit of fear but of power, of love and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7). Amen! I am confident in the Holy Spirit speaking in and through me then I can say what must be said on Friday as I speak life into life. Amen

There you have it! From having no idea of what to write about to writing a few paragraphs about God's Strength, Love, Power, Spirit and ability to bring clarity to us then we can function with a sound mind. Glory to God!

If you have had mornings like I had, I hope this page from my heart will help you and if you haven't experienced slow starts to your morning like me, by all means share that goodness with the world that awaits.

As always...YOU ARE LOVED.



No comments:

Post a Comment