Sunday, August 14, 2011

A faith that is needed

When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; [and behold, the heavens were opened to Him], [and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.] [And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."](Matthew 3:16, 17 NKJV)


There's a whole wealth of God's grace in these two verses. These two verses set the stage for a Christians life. Before one's purpose and ministry is publicly made known there are to do all that is required by God as the Lord states to John the Baptist in the fomer verse.


Not only are we to be baptized, but the very grace of God in blessing to start such a ministry has to be given.


This is where we as Christians must look up to the Lord, and in all faith and expectancy, SEE the very heavens open up to us, and the very grace of God descending upon us and remaining with us. Such a faith, such an obedience to God's will, causes the Father, to say "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."


I have said a few times in my Walk, to such a question (Why can't we see God?), "If God being completely Holy and this world being completely of sin, was to appear, the world would be destroyed.


Yet, today (as I always pray that all that I am would be refined in me, in what is beautiful of Him in me to be more beautiful, and what is ugly in me according to His Word of being a consuming fire, to burn it completely up, that what's left isn't me of sin, but Him of holiness) I received this from the Lord: "It isn't that I won't appear because of sin as you see I was amongst sinners in the Gospels, and throughout the account of Creation, but it's due to a lack of faith to see me. My people say they want to see me, yet they do not have the faith to resist the temptations and lures of this world that captivate them and cause them to entertain."


Such a revelation from the Lord is heartbreaking, but oh so true. We slip up to the simplest of things, and stay continuously succumbing to the same sins over and over.


As I have preached it, "If you are still committing the same sins from when you first came to Christ, you are simply doing something horribly wrong. Unless you surrender, and committ completely to the Lord, the complete splendor that is God's glory will be shut towards you.


Just imagine. The very heavens opening up to you, and God's very own voice testifying to His pleasure towards you. That is absolutely amazing! This is a faith that is needed.


Here is the very Walk of Christ, encapsulated that you may walk in Victory and with God testifying to you before all. May God's absolute grace and Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation abound in you more and more.


Closing thoughts: What can we learn from the Lord's walk? We must first receive His blessing. We must publicly announce Him. We must surrender and deny ourselves in order to do His will. We must beat the sin off of us, and crucify sin to it's Cross once and for all. We must fulfill our purpose. We must rise again, and walk upright in the glory, grace, and holiness of God, then we can be lifted up to the heights of His splendor. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment