Tuesday, January 4, 2011

HOPE

HOPE for our 2011...it's not too late



John 3:16-17 (A gift of eternal hope for all mankind Christ the Lord)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.


Matthew 28:20...Jesus Speaks
...And be sure of this: I am with you [always] even to the end of the age."

always = Hope

*If you find yourself feeling like this:
"What strength do I have, that I should still hope? What prospects, that I should be patient? (Job 6:11)

*Reflect on this:
Romans 5:2-4
2 ...And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, [hope.]


Genesis 3:15 (God speaking of the Hope of Jesus being victorious over the enemy (the Devil) for all time.
... [He] will strike your head, and [you] will strike his heel."

[He]=Jesus
[you]=the enemy (the devil)
head=Victory
heel=defeat


Proverbs 23:18
18 There is surely a future [hope] for you, and your [hope] will not be cut off. Why? BECAUSE

Matthew 12:21 In his name the nations will put their [hope."]

*David- The Bible shows that David a king, had his hope in God, and praised God for a hope in the Lord in his Good and bad.

I examine myself to see if my Hope remains in God in the Good and the bad.

*Hope (Dictionary.com): a. to believe, desire, or trust b. a person or thing in which expectations are centered.


Psalm 39:7 (When we are lost what direction do we look, and go towards? Jesus our Good Shepherd)

7 "But now, Lord, what do I look for? My [hope is in you.]

Shepherd (Dictionary.com):
a. person who protects, guides, or watches over a person or group of people.


*In the Book of Isaiah, he spoke a lot of a coming [hope] from God. A hope he would never get to see with his own eyes in his lifetime, but receive it by faith. This hope that would be the Messiah so many were waiting on. Hope of a Savior that would come and make everything that was wrong right; everything that was bad and hurting, and make it new, whole and good.

[Before the Lord came in Isaiah's time, many waited in great expectancy and HOPED for Him, and now we too who look to the Lord in Faith, wait upon His return with great expectancy and HOPE.]

In whom we look forward to returning is described so eloquently in the
scripture below...Breath taking


Isaiah 42:1-4
The Servant of the LORD
1 "Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations. 2 He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets. 3 A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; 4 he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his teaching the nations will put their [hope."]



My Purpose, Intention and Urgency:

The first 3 verse (John 3:16-17; Matthew 28:20) and the last 7 verses(Isaiah 42:1-4; Revelation 22:12-14) speak of our HOPE which is in Jesus, and I placed it like this because the Lord Jesus is the First and the Last of our HOPE. The Beginning and the End to our thoughts and feelings, and our actions towards His HOPE.

This HOPE is further illustrated here:

Revelation 22:12-14
12 "Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward (Glory and Honor) with me to repay all people according to their deeds. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." 14 Blessed are those who wash their robes (renew their faith and Hope in Me). They will be permitted to enter through the gates of the cit (Heaven) and eat the fruit (God's eternal life) from the tree of life (God the Father Himself).



God bless you all.
In God's Love,
Flavio.

No comments:

Post a Comment